Do you want to start exercising gently, meet new people, be more physically active or become healthier? Then Stay Active is for you!
The Stay Active program is perfect for people who have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, a heart condition, have had heart surgery, are overweight or want to continue exercising after rehabilitation.
Stay Active can:
- Help lower blood pressure
- Improve cholesterol control
- Help manage weight and diabetes
- Improve wellbeing and flexibility.
Stay Active is a low-to-moderate exercise program suitable for anyone who hasn’t exercised for a while and would like to start gently in a friendly and professional atmosphere.
There are 3 levels to choose from:
- Level 1 is an easier class
- Level 2 is an intermediate class
- Stay Active Plus is designed to challenge those who are comfortable in Level 2.
This sounds quite self explanatory, any other info? Stay Active programs are run by fully qualified professionals. Fitness leaders are especially trained in managing low-to-moderate exercise programs suitable for people with cardiac or diabetic conditions.
All programs include screening and, if needed, a referral to a doctor for medical clearance to exercise.