The B-Active program at Balance Mayfield offers a fully supervised, fitness focused class for children aged between 6 – 15 years. It involves fun activities under the supervision of a qualified instructor, which are appropriate for a range of fitness levels.
A typical session will consist of:
- Cardiovascular based warm-up rock using various areas of the gym including activities such as rock climbing wall, field drills and cardio based equipment.
- Dynamic stretching and mobility exercises
- Body weight exercises and resistance training
- Individual and team based games and activities
- Static stretching for improved flexibility
Children will develop basic strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, coordination and flexibility during the B-Active sessions at Balance.
Benefits of the B-Active Program include:
• Improved motor skill performance
• Reduced risk of sports-related injuries
• Improved sports performance and general fitness
• Increased self-esteem and confidence
• Reduced risk of obesity
Please Note: Sessions will vary depending on the current weather, available facilities and age and or abilities of the children attending each session. Bookings are essential. Classes commence at the start of each school term. All bookings are subject to availability. Sessions are not run on public holidays. School holiday programs also available.
$10 per class when booking for a school term
$12 per casual visit
4 hours notice is required to cancel a lesson. Lessons must be made up by the end of the term.
To sign up to a B-Active session, contact Balance Mayfield on (02) 4903 6100 or visit our staff at the Balance Mayfield Reception for more information.
Children and Parents:
• All kids should have the emotional maturity to accept and follow coaching instructions;
• All participants should wear comfortable attire that does not restrict movement and athletic footwear that provides good traction and support.
The following safety guidelines will be strictly upheld:
• Attention to gym etiquette
• Safe use of equipment
• Age and competency appropriate programs
• Proper handling of heavy objects
• Our staff, who have an understanding of age specific training and pediatric fitness, will provide supervision and instruction during all sessions;
• They will ensure the training area is safe and free of any potential hazard;
• Children will be monitored on their ability to tolerate exercise stress and our staff will modify programs when appropriate.
14 day FitMix pass
We want you to love your training. So for your first two weeks you’re welcome to try any of our 50+ group fitness classes for $14 for 14 days. Plus we’ll chat through options, goals and how to keep your motivation building.
Simply fill out the form and we will call you to organise a free consultation.