B-Active Functional Fitness for Kids
The B-Active program at Balance Mayfield offers a fully supervised, fitness focused class for children aged between 6 – 14 years. It involves fun functional activities under the supervision of a qualified instructor. This class is appropriate for all fitness levels.
Saturdays 9:00am & 10:00am
$12.00 per casual class
$10.00 per class when a booking for a term
Open to Fitness Passport members
4 hours’ notice is required to cancel a lesson.
All sessions will be delivered in a circuit format and will incorporate aspects of:
- Functional cardio endurance
- Body weight strength and conditioning
Throughout the program children will have opportunities to develop:
- Motor coordination skills
- Exercise tolerance
- Correct functional exercise techniques
- Physical activity in a group environment
Please Note: Sessions will vary depending on the current weather, available facilities and age and or abilities of the children attending each session. Bookings are essential. Classes commence at the start of each school term. All bookings are subject to availability. Sessions are not run on public holidays. School holiday programs also available.
To sign up to a B-Active session, contact Balance Mayfield on (02) 4903 6200 or visit our staff at the Balance Mayfield Reception for more information.
Children and Parents
• All kids should have the emotional maturity to accept and follow coaching instructions;
• All participants should wear comfortable attire that does not restrict movement and athletic footwear that provides good traction and support.
The following safety guidelines will be strictly upheld:
• Attention to gym etiquette
• Safe use of equipment
• Age and competency appropriate programs
• Proper handling of heavy objects
• Our staff, who have an understanding of age specific training and pediatric fitness, will provide supervision and instruction during all sessions;
• They will ensure the training area is safe and free of any potential hazard;
• Children will be monitored on their ability to tolerate exercise stress and our staff will modify programs when appropriate.